Permanent Exhibit Galleries
At 22,000 square feet, the Missouri Civil War Museum is filled with over one thousand artifacts and several films throughout. Each gallery and exhibit tells a different story of Missouri in the American Civil War, from guerrillas and jayhawkers to life on the home front. The Museum also contains several galleries on the post-war era and the history of our home here at Jefferson Barracks.
- Pre-War Gallery
- Colonel John Emerson Main Gallery
- Hollywood and the Civil War Exhibit
- Jefferson Barracks Through the Years Exhibit
- Civil War on the Western Border Exhibit
- The Medal of Honor Exhibit
- Grand Army of the Republic & United Confederate Veterans Gallery
In addition to the hundreds of artifacts on display, the Museum features several feature films for guests to watch. In partnership with Kansas City-based Wide Awake Films, the theater shows a 25-minute film on the war in Missouri, specifically the war on the Western Border and in Eastern Missouri.
Interested in Donating an Artifact?
Do you have an item you wish to donate to the Museum?
For inquiries, please visit our Artifact Donations page here.