The Missouri Civil War Museum offers year-round unpaid internships for high school and college students interested in History, Museum Studies, Historic Preservation, Marketing, Library Science, or other related fields. Our interns not only get hands-on experience in their own field, they will also learn many aspects involving museums and historic preservation, such as:
- Exhibit design
- Artifact conservation
- Help in the 1918 Building restoration activities
- Artifacts and the library collection cataloging and record keeping
- Docent activities
- Gift Store sales
- Living history and interpretation programs
- And other exciting and educational activities
Internship hours and days can vary and are flexible. The programs are designed around the availability and schedules of our interns.
When can I apply?
We accept internship inquiries and proposals all throughout the year. It is recommended that you apply early to reserve a place in our internship program.
How do I apply?
Email your resume and cover letter to Mark Trout at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying your interest and months you are available.
For any further questions, contact us by email or by phone at (314) 845-1861.
Past Student College List
- Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Truman State University, Kirksville, MO
- Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
- Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, MO
- Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL
- Shepherd University, Shepherdstown, WV
We are not hiring at this time. However, please give us a call if you are interested in volunteering or interning!